[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-plugins-base: gst-plugins-base/ gst-plugins-base/ext/ogg/ gst-plugins-base/ext/theora/ gst-plugins-base/ext/vorbis/ gst-plugins-base/tests/check/pipelines/

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 08:09:22 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 22:58 +0000, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>  static GstFlowReturn
>  gst_ogg_mux_push_buffer (GstOggMux * mux, GstBuffer * buffer)
>  {
> -  GST_BUFFER_OFFSET_END (buffer) = GST_BUFFER_OFFSET (buffer) +
> -      GST_BUFFER_SIZE (buffer);
> +  /* fix up OFFSET and OFFSET_END again */
> +  GST_BUFFER_OFFSET (buffer) = mux->offset;
> +  mux->offset += GST_BUFFER_SIZE (buffer);
> +  GST_BUFFER_OFFSET_END (buffer) = mux->offset;

Isn't this incorrect? I would expect an ogg buffer going out to have a
start and stop granulepos stored in offset and offset_end, respectively.

> +        GST_LOG_OBJECT (mux, "no oldest yet, taking buffer %p from pad %"
> +            GST_PTR_FORMAT " with gp time %" GST_TIME_FORMAT,
> +            buf, pad->collect.pad, GST_TIME_ARGS (GST_BUFFER_OFFSET (buf)));
> +        oldest = GST_BUFFER_OFFSET (buf);

Similarly, here stashing timestamp-corresponding-to-granulepos into
offset is a bit fishy (xiphy?). Why not put it into timestamp+duration,
for example?

If your commit is correct, I am quite OK with that. I don't really care
if its correctness is ensured by regular offerings of dead babies to the
goat-god. But, fudging with our conventions (if that's what's going on)
can only lead to misunderstandings in the future.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/