[gst-devel] gstreamer, JNI and swing

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 01:30:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 23:32 -0800, Robert Scott wrote:

> To investigate, I tried stripping the program all the way down to
the
> core, removing all calls to the gstreamer library except for the
call
> to gst_init( NULL, NULL );.  And even then, the program segfaults.
>   (...)
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-base 0.10.4-1ubuntu2

Try upgrading -base to 0.10.5 (once it's uploaded), you might be running
into bug #334226.

To check whether that's the case you could remove the file

  /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsttypefindfunctions.so

and see if the crash disappears (of course you can't do much without
typefindfunctions then, but at least it might narrow it down a bit).

Cheers
 -Tim