[gst-devel] Suitable source module for a raw-YUV, format=hm12 video stream?

Ola Theander ola.theander at otsystem.com
Wed Mar 15 16:02:23 CET 2006

Dear subscrbers

I would like to know if there is a way to handle a raw-YUV video steam in
the hm12 format. I'm working on a solution where I use the Hauppauge PVR 150
card and apparently it supports raw video in this particular format. The
reason I want to use this video stream instead of the likewise available
mpeg stream is that the raw stream have several order of magnitude lower
latency, i.e. the delay from the composite video signal until it's available
on /dev/videoX.

I can try the raw video stream using "mplayer -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo
pal:format=hm12 /dev/video32" but now I need to do basically the same thing
using GStreamer. My pipeline will hopefully be able to basically read from
/dev/video32 (the raw video stream) and eventually end up in the xvimagesink
using a suitable source or maybe by using filesrc with a suitable
transformation later in the pipe.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Ola Theander