[gst-devel] GstTuner

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Mon Mar 20 01:46:08 CET 2006

Hi Lutz,

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 00:38 +0100, Lutz Müller wrote:
> Attached a patch that adds the format GST_FORMAT_TRACKS to
> gstreamer/gst/gstformat.[c,h] and another one to update the cdiocddasrc
> accordingly.

A few areas that need work:

1) GST_FORMAT_DEFAULT should be tracks on a CD source; there's no need
for TRACKS (the same reason why we don't have a frames or samples
format).

2) GST_TAG_TRACK_NUMBER can be fine, but how will you specify the name
of the file in the tarball? There is no tag that would be appropriate.

3) There's no support for enumerating what the different contained files
are, and choosing one out by name. (This is what would apply to reading
a chained ogg from disk, and what would be appropriate for an
interface.)

4) You made no comment on the suggestion to make an interface.

That said, adding support for seeking to different values of DEFAULT
would be fine to add to the tar "decoding" element.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/