[gst-devel] GstTuner

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Mon Mar 20 04:32:06 CET 2006

Hey Tim,

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 12:02 +0000, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:41 +0100, Andy Wingo wrote:
> > 1) GST_FORMAT_DEFAULT should be tracks on a CD source; there's no need
> > for TRACKS (the same reason why we don't have a frames or samples
> > format).
>
> I am not particularly fond of that. The CD sources have raw audio caps
> on their source pad, and so far the convention has been that the DEFAULT
> format for raw audio is samples/audio frames.

Ah, you're right. Sorry, too much Guinness on the St Paddy's.

> Personally, I'd just make tardemux register a new format (e.g. "file" or
> "file-number" or whatever), but that's just me.

Personally, I would use a new interface to configure the play segment to
just be one file... Dunno. GStreamer is not designed for tar files.

> Maybe we should add
> something to the core so you can put taglist arrays into a taglist. That
> might be quite useful for cd/dvd sources as well (e.g. there's commented
> out code in cddabasesrc to post the meta data for ALL tracks on the bus
> as a taglist array - that way the application can check TRACK_COUNT and
> then loop over the track info and get the info for the entire disc, but
> that still requires support from the core in some form, e.g. by adding a
> new tag for that array).

Dunno, this is beyond my knowledge/caring threshold :-)

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/