[gst-devel] missing adder features?

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at yahoo.dk
Mon Mar 20 16:31:02 CET 2006

Hi!

In the last few days i've been asking alot of question on irc about making an
adder work in my pipeline (thanks for all your answers), but i seem to have hit
the wall of "not-yet-implemented-features". I wish to use the adder for adding
and removing elements while the pipeline is playing, but this doesn't work.
I've attached an example if anyone want to test it themself, and feel free to
look for errors i might have made!
But since this feature of adding and removing elements at will is very
important for the way i wish to use gstreamer, i would like to know if anybody
has plans for adding this feature. If not i'd like to know if anybody has an
idea of how to implement it, since i then might try to do it myself. (yes, i
need the feature that bad.)

cheers,

Tomas