[gst-devel] strange behavior with 2 pipelines

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:12:06 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/21/06, Vincent Torri <Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
> i build a pipeline with in it a filesrc and a decodebin. I use a video
> file with 1 video stream and 2 audio streams. I attach the
> "new-decoded-pad" signal to the decodebin. I link to each new pad a
> fakesink and I look at the name of the sinks. I get fakesink2, fakesink3
> and fakesink4. It's normal because in the decodebin, a fakesink is
> created.
>
> just after that, i build exactly the same pipeline, i do the same
> things and I check the names of the fakesinks. I get : fakesink5,
> fakesink6 and fakesink7.

  decodebin creates a fakesink with a specified name of "fakesink",
whereas you don't specify a name for your fakesink, so they're
attributed a unique name.
  The uniqueness of those names is guaranteed by the fact that a
class-global integer is used and incremented every time.

> It seems that there is no fakesink create by the decodebin of the 2nd
> pipeline. Is it normal ?

  There is.

> Also is it normal that the index of fakesink of the 2nd pipeline does not
> begin from 1 (or 2...) ?

  Since it's reusing the same class, which was initialised when

> thank you

  De rien,

    Edward

> Vincent