[gst-devel] using Fluendo mp-3 plugin with GStreamer-0.10

Don Bedsole dbedsole at carolina.rr.com
Fri Mar 24 00:40:26 CET 2006

Hi,
I would like to use the mp-3 plugin Fluendo has supplied for use with
GStreamer-0.10.  Since it was provided as an rpm file, I assumed rpm -ivh
<file name> would be all that is necessary to install it.  So, on my Fedora
Core 5 system, I installed the plugin with the previously referenced command.
When I attempt to play an mp-3 with Amarok I am informed that "GStreamer
claims it cannot play mp-3 files ( or something to that effect).  Nor do
other players seem to have benefited from the installation of the plugin
(Banshee, Rythmnbox).

1) Is there a better place to ask this question?
2) If not, am I simply ignorant of some further configuration steps that need
to be taken?
3) I am using Amarok 1.4 beta 2 with GStreamer-0.10 engine.  The plugin I have
installed is the one with "ipp" support.

Thank you.