[gst-devel] push/pull docs

ensonic ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue May 2 01:32:02 CEST 2006

hi,

I am currently looking over the push/pull states of pads and like to
clarify the docs here and there. In [3] I'd like to have a table like this:

     type | sink     | src
mode      |          |
----------+----------+-------------
push      | _chain() | _loop()
pull      | _loop()  | _get_range()

Is that correct?
Beside [3] 11.1 second section says : " Pads can be assigned one of three
modes, ...". I see only two - push and pull. Whats wrong here?

[4] should have links to the corresponding section of the "Advanced"
chapter.

In [1] I also like to mention pad-modes.

In [2] I would like to describe what a function does and who the audience
is (plugin writer, app developer), rather than saying "If you don't know
what this is, you probably don't want to call it."

any comments/corrections,
Stefan

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPad.html#desc
[2]