[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] ensonic gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/libs/gst/base/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue May 2 05:59:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

> IHMO neither behaviour is correct. If I back out the change application
> that use adder don't function. If I leave it in as Tim pointed out it
> causes trouble for elements like filesink.
>
> So I am open for constructive replies. To others should I backout the
> change for now?

In cases where you replace 1) "A works but B doesn't" with 2) "A doesn't
work but B does" and the agreed end goal is 3) "A and B both work", you
should not inflict 2) on your users, to whom it just appears as random
errors coming and going.

So in other words, Go directly to Jail (3), and do not pass Start (2).
+1 for backing out the change.

Thomas