[gst-devel] Re: gstreamer-devel digest, Vol 1 #2260 - 10 msgs

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu May 4 05:53:07 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:58:09 +0800, Navneet Jagannathan wrote:
> Apart from the demuxer, I find the ffmpeg H.264 decoder element
> 'ffdec_h264' also fails for supposedly 'valid' raw H.264 streams

You need h264 stream-to-frame parsing functionality, similar to how it's
implemented for MPEG-1/2 in gstffmpegdec.c. Note, however, that this
should under no circumstance break the already-framed h264 streams such
as the ones in quicktime/mp4/mkv/avi, and therefore it may prove slighy
harder for h264 than for mpeg1/2 to implement. However, since most
relevant code is already there, it should still be easy. Once the h264
raw streams work, you'll see mpeg-ts-with-h264 files to automatically
work fine, also.

Cheers,
Ronald