[gst-devel] How to configure and build gstreamer without libxml correctly?

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Thu May 11 03:07:03 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 18:02 +0800, zs p wrote:
> I disable libxml when configuring gstreamer using "--disable-loadsave --disable-registry".
> But gst-inspect & gst-launch can't load any plugins when running.
> #  gst-inspect
> staticelements:  bin: Generic bin
> staticelements:  pipeline: Pipeline object
>
> Total plugins: 1
> Total features: 2
>

> How to configure and build gstreamer without libxml correctly?

This is correct.

If you build gstreamer without libxml, you won't get the gstreamer
registry.

Without the registry, this means your application will need to
statically link, and initialise, all the elements that it wants to use.

Applications such as gst-inspect don't do this, and are not useful
without the registry.

Mike