[gst-devel] Jitterbuffer in rtpbasedepayloader class

Philippe Khalaf burgerman at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 18 16:49:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

   At the very beginning of times, I had built in the jitterbuffer
inside the base rtp depayloader class. Current, the jitterbuffer
has been moved over to a separate element located inside the RTPBin. In
order to avoid confusion, I want to remove the jitterbuffer from the
base class. Of course it also avoids having 2 jitterbuffers in a same
pipeline. Another reason is that jitterbuffer is not maintained and
probably does not work under all possible conditions. This jitterbuffer
exported a queue-delay property for setting the size of the buffer.
Since we don't want to break the API I suggest keeping the property as
a stub. Meaning that it won't do anything and the actual jitterbuffer
code be removed from the base class.

If anyone has any objections please make it known. Otherwise I will
proceed as explained.

Regards,
Philippe