[gst-devel] Plug-in ffmpeg

Géraldine Rougier geraldine.rougier at purplelabs.com
Wed May 24 05:47:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

what's done is:
 - enc_lib=gst_plugin_load_file("libffmpeg_plugin.so", &err)
 - encoder=gst_element_factory_make("ffenc_h263", "encoder")
 - use the encoder in a pipeline
 - play pipeline
 - destroy pipeline
 - unref(enc_lib)

next:
 - enc_lib=gst_plugin_load_file("libffmpeg_plugin.so", &err)
 - encoder=gst_element_factory_make("ffenc_h263", "encoder")

encoder element is not created this time (whereas the same thing done
with a tee element, for instance, works perfectly) and is set to NULL.

Hope that helps understand,
Géraldine