[gst-devel] Re: udp transfer/play wav file problem

sam wang samwzm at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 01:37:11 CEST 2006

Hi,Stefan,

thank you very much for your help! unfortunately, your suggestion won't work for me. please refer
the bottom for details.

I don't know what's mean "not negotiated", what cause it and how to solve it.

by the way, is there anyone so kind to give me a working command line sample to illustrate
gstreamer's network capability? no matter using protocol of TCP, UDP or RTP! it really drives me
crazy that I never get a working command to show network transferring (except that I can transfer
through UDP, but can't play directly on client side, please refer to my last email). also please
tell me the OS version and gstreamer's version with the command. any information about URL/website
related with this problem will also great appreciate!

thanks in advance!
Sammy

the following is the output from client terminal:
ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/audioconvert0: not negotiated
Additional debug info:
gstbasetransform.c(1272): gst_base_transform_handle_buffer (): /pipeline0/audioconvert0:
not negotiated
Execution ended after 7676000 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...