[gst-devel] How to check memory leak in GST plugin?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Fri May 26 00:44:12 CEST 2006

Hi Leon,

  Valgrind is your friend for such a case (valgrind.org). You might
want to run it with gst-launch and a small mp3 file like this:
   valgrind gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=yourfile.mp3 ! yourmp3dec
! fakesink

  It will take some time, but at the end will report all leaked memory
and where it was allocated.

   Edward

On 5/26/06, Cheng, Leon <leon.cheng at intel.com> wrote:
> I write a MP3 decode plugin by myself, seems the consumed memory will
> always increase. Use which method can I debug for memory leak?
>
> Thanks!
>   Leon

Edward Hervey
Junior developer / Fluendo S.L.