[gst-devel] Plugins in Python

Oscar Aceÿfffff1a oscaracena at yahoo.es
Sun May 28 06:16:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

Well, i've wondered this many times. Then, should i presume that already exists one plugin writted in python and, therefore, for python? If so, where can i get it? I'm about to write an app in python too, and i need to write a plugin, in python if possible!

Another question: I have seen that to write a plugin, exists a template; this template, it is only writted for C? If so, can i port it to python? This could be useful for at least two persons! :-)

And the last question: if this is possible, how can i load the plugin to use in a normal pipe?

Thanks in advance to all!

Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com> escribió: HI,

  Currently you can create most type of elements entirely in Python.
But we don't have a python plugin loader currently, so you will only
be able to use it from a python application (importing the python file
where you wrote yor element).

  Edward

--
Edward Hervey