[gst-devel] XOverlay interface documentation

Johan Dahlin jdahlin at async.com.br
Mon May 29 06:28:03 CEST 2006

Tim Müller wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 14:45 +0200, Corentin BARON wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I could find some good piece of documentation
>> on the GstXOverlay interface (specially on the application side).
>> That would be great.
> The GstXOverlay docs can be found here:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html
> Let us know if anything is missing or needs clarification.

It would be nice to have an example on how to properly use it in a modern
toolkit such as Gtk+ or Qt. Since that's how most people are going to
use it anyway.

In Gtk+ it's easy, just create a drawing area and set the window id
in the realize callback. But it should be properly documented.

Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>
Async Open Source