[gst-devel] play bin is giving segment->format=format assertion failed

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Nov 4 09:04:21 CET 2006

Hi,

> Hi all,
> I have writen an mp3 decoder using ffmpeg library.

There are three mp3 decoders already for GStreamer.  One of them already
uses the ffmpeg library.  Why are you writing another one ?

>  It gives me messages like 'segment->format=format' failed.

I would assume, without being able to look at your code, that you made a
programming error.  run with G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings and check in gdb why
you are getting the warnings.

Thomas