[gst-devel] debug_set_default_threshold on single a element?

ensonic ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Nov 10 08:18:03 CET 2006

hi,

On 9:59:37 pm 09/11/2006 Jason Gerard DeRose <jderose at jasonderose.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to set the debug level on just a single element?  I'm
> working on dvdreadsrc and would like to see every message it outputs,
> but not have to sort through messages from anything else.  I work
> mostly with gst-python, so both a C and a Python example would be
> great.

yes, you can! First locate the element source and look for this:

GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gstgst_dvd_read_src_debug, "dvdreadsrc", 0,
      "DVD reader element based on dvdreadsrc");

"dvdreadsrc" is the log-category which should be the pluginname or
elementname. Then you can just run your app like this:

GST_DEBUG="*:2,dvdreadsrc:4" ./myapp

That would show all ERROR and WARNINGS (log level 2) and for dvdreadsrc
also INFO and DEBUG messages. Please look at the gst-launch man page for
details. Highest log level is 5 (LOG) and levels have to increase from left
to right if you use '*' (don't do "dvdreadsrc:4,*:2" as the '*' whould
match dvdreadsrc too).

Stefan