[gst-devel] Regarding Synchronization in Gstreamer Framework

Learner ruxyz at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 15:52:15 CET 2006

Hi,

  I was trying to understand the GStreamer
implementation of Synchronization and saw that
it is implemented in

"gst_base_src_do_sync"  at
gstreamer-0.10.3/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c +984 ,

and also in

"gst_base_sink_do_sync" at
gstreamer-0.10.3/libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c +750

I was unable to understand why we need to synchronize
at the source element. Could somebody please provide
some thoughts on this.

   Also, I was unable to understand how the Lip
synchronization is taken care in below scenarios :

(1) where there are delays in Video Decoding ,
    with Audio samples available for rendering.
(2) where there are delays in Audio Decoding ,
    with Video frames available for rendering.

I could not figure out where the interaction
between the mulitple sinks,i.e.Audio & Video sinks,
happens, if the Audio is to drive the data flow.
Could somebody please throw some light on this too.

Cheers !

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
www.nextag.com