[gst-devel] GStreamer plug-ins for OpenMAX IL, code for review

Contreras, Felipe felipec at ti.com
Wed Nov 22 04:30:19 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

Our team in Texas Instruments has finally came up with some code that is ready
to be reviewed in order to make all the necessary adjustments for the first
Open Source version.

This release has support for different types of OpenMAX components, but only
the ALSA sink will work with the omxil implementation.

The list of components supported is:

Decoders:
Audio: AMR, AAC, MP3, AMR-WB, PCM (long story)

Encoders:
Audio: AMR
Video: H.263, H.264, MPEG4v

Sources: Camera
Sinks: ALSA

And yet more are to come.

In general our plug-ins don't directly communicate with OpenMAX, we use an
intermediate library we named GOmx. So first you need to install omxil, then
GOmx and then our plug-ins.

Also we found what it seems to be a bug in omxil; the patch is also included in
the release, and instructions on how to fix and build omxil.

Any comments?

Best Regards.

--
Felipe Contreras