[gst-devel] MP3 plugin

daniel fischer dan at f3c.com
Tue Nov 28 13:49:46 CET 2006

ram kumar <heyram_2002 at yahoo.com> (on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 04:06:44 -0800 (PST)):

  > hi developers,
  >               Iam clear with the gstreamer core.But
  > iam trying to build a player for Mp3 files...My query
  > is whether gstreamer ships with a audio filter
  > natively or a seperate audio filter plugin has to be
  > built as a DLL file????

gst-plugins-ugly comes with a libmad mp3 decoder (gst-inspect-0.10 mad). fluendo also ships an mp3 decoding element that might have a more compatible license (and better code): http://www.fluendo.com/resources/fluendo_mp3.php

all gstreamer plugins come in separate libraries (here, on linux,
it's /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmad.so for the mad plugin).

hth,
-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/