[gst-devel] removing bins from collect pads

graham at sigabrt.com graham at sigabrt.com
Wed Nov 29 12:29:55 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm writing an application which involves dynamically adding and
removing bins to a multiplexer, using gstreamer collect pads.  Adding
is fine, but I'm having problems removing them correctly.  I have used
other gstreamer multiplexer components as a guide, but unfortunately
without success.

Currently, I am use gst_pad_set_unlink_function to register a function
which unlinks the pad from the multiplexer.  The callback pauses the
multiplexer component, calls gst_collect_pads_remove_pads on the pad
and then sets the multiplexer back to playing.  The unlink call is
typically called from a callback handler for gst_element_post_message.

This seems to work, but when a new bin is then added to the
multiplexer, I get the following gstreamer error:

Pipeline error : Internal GStreamer error: pad problem.  Please file a
bug at ht
tp://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.

This is using Gstreamer 0.10.10.  I realise that it is most probably a
result of my misuse/abuse of gstreamer and not actually a gstreamer
bug, so I have not filed a bug report.

Could anyone help me by telling my what I may be doing wrong or where
I might find a good example of removing a pad from collect pads?

Thanks in advance,

Graham