[gst-devel] Debugging GStreamer

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Wed Nov 29 15:51:29 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Edward Hervey wrote:
>   Try recompiling gstreamer with debugging options. It seems you
> stripped the binaries and libraries.

I rebuilt with --enable-debug but get the same result (and yes, I am
running the right binary).

# ls -lh /usr/bin/gst-inspect
-rwxr-xr-x  1 1137 3529 16K Nov 29 14:24 /usr/bin/gst-inspect

# file gst-inspect
gst-inspect: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.13, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Or did you mean some other debugging options? What other debug options do
I have is basically what my question was in the first place.

Many thanks,
Chris R.