[gst-devel] GStreamer and OpenMAX Integration Layer

Vishal Borker vishal at nextbitcpu.com
Tue Oct 3 18:41:08 CEST 2006

RE: [gst-devel] GStreamer and OpenMAX Integration Layer>Right now we don't
know if TI's implementation of
>OpenMAX will be contributed. However, even if it where
>contributed, it would only run in a TI platform.

 If you follow OpenMAX, it would be only the components and parts of the DL
layer that would run *ONLY* on TI Hardware.

>Hence, what we need right now is a common OpenMAX development
>platform that is more accesible for any developer
>who wishes to get involved.

That would be developing the OpenMax Core....

>Some of these are still under development. So they would
>be contributed as they are completed.
would that mean TI would go the way ARM did (with thier
codecs)......wow...thats big news. :)