[gst-devel] H.264 deocder

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Mon Oct 16 11:15:36 CEST 2006

> Does the H.264 decoder (ffdec_h264) require anything other than the
> NAL Units for decoding? I mean any other parameters like width,
> height, headers, etc? If yes, what and in what format?

Hi,

	ffdec_h264 need "codec_data" header unless the NAL units are encoded in
byte-stream format (NALUs are separated by start code 0x00000001) and
SPS, PPS are present in the stream. The "codec_data" should be avcC
header (at least so it is called in ffmpeg), see also ISO/IEC
14496-15:2004/PDAM 1.

	Michal