[gst-devel] Meta Data and Tags - segfaults with discoverer.py

Johan Dahlin jdahlin at async.com.br
Tue Oct 24 16:15:54 CEST 2006

Christopher Backhouse wrote:
> backtrace:
>
> #0  0x0807f28d in PyObject_Malloc ()
> #1  0x08081195 in PyString_FromString ()
> #2  0xb7ce1445 in _pygst_element_check_error () from
[..]
> So, whilst iterating through the list of tags then? If someone can
> confirm there's nothing stupid in my code (you shouldn't be able to
> segfault from python this way anyway?) then I will submit a bug.

An error seems to occur scanning one of your files.
The traceback does not reveal which element nor why since the python
bindings crashes before you can see the error.

I believe that you can see exactly what's happening by using the GST_LOG
environment variable, but I'm confident enough with its interface to give
you exact details on how to do that.

--
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>
Async Open Source