[gst-devel] GStreamer and OpenMAX Integration Layer

Wilson, Diego dwilson at ti.com
Mon Sep 25 17:35:47 CEST 2006

Hello all,

We would like to announce that our team, the Linux Apps team in Texas
Instruments, intends to contribute our GStreamer OpenMAX plug-ins to the
OpenSource community.

This message is in behalf of a team of developers working for Texas
Instruments in a project involving GStreamer. The goal of the project is to
integrate GStreamer to OpenMAX IL.

For those who are not familiar with OpenMAX IL, to quote wikipedia:

 The Khronos Group's new API OpenMAX is an application programming
 interface that provides abstractions for routines especially useful for
 computer graphics, video, and sound, and in devices that process large
 amounts of data in predictable ways.

You may find out more at:

http://www.khronos.org/openmax

We've developed plug-ins for GStreamer that integrate to the OpenMAX IL
specification. Our intention now is to contribute these plug-ins back to the
community. The purpose of this message is to ask about the best way to do
so. We would like to hear your opinions about how should we should carry on with
this contribution.

Regards,

--
Diego Wilson