[gst-devel] radio turner cards and gstreamer

Christian F.K. Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Wed Sep 27 19:19:03 CEST 2006

Hi Gareth,
Cool to see you here, I am still playing Frontier once in a while. Hope
any new sequels will have a linux client :)

In terms of Radio tuning I guess I am not sure how many 100% ready
things we can provide. Most radio cards provide a v4l interface which we
do support through its config gui. Unfortunatly we haven't worked with
any radio tuner cards so you might need to do a little tweaking of the
python code to be able to configure it properly.

If you have a DVB-T type card we are currently working on polishing up
our DVB support in GStreamer and Flumotion so hopefully that will be a
better sounding option for the future.

Sincerely,
Christian