[gst-devel] RELEASE: Flumotion 0.2.2 'IT'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Sep 28 12:51:37 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of Flumotion 0.2.2 'IT'.
Flumotion is a GPL streaming media server written in Python. It is distributed
and component-based: every step in the streaming process (production,
conversion, consumption) can be run inside a separate process on separate
Flumotion uses Twisted and GStreamer. Twisted enables the high-level
functionality, distributing components over the network. GStreamer, through the
Python bindings, enables the high-speed low-level functionality: actual media
Flumotion uses a central manager process to control the complete network; one
or more worker processes distributed over machines to run actual streaming
components; and one or more admin clients connecting to the manager to control
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for FlumotionÂ 0.2.2 "IT"
The Flumotion team is happy to announce a new release of the
Flumotion Streaming Server.
Flumotion is a streaming server for GNU/Linux
systems featuring an easy to use configuration and administration GUI.
Implemented using GStreamer as the processing backend and using python and
Twisted for the high-level operations and GUI, it combines a wide feature set
with ease of use.
Features of this release
* Fully works with GStreamer 0.8 and 0.10
* Fully works with Twisted 1.3.0 through 2.4.0
* bug fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 235 : When selecting the TV card, the device name is not shown
* 12 : gstreactor bug
* 14 : crash after four days
* 17 : Clean up temporary files
* 263 : Old component UI remains when new pipeline loaded
* 267 : Admin UI doesn't provide a way to find out where http-streamer is listening
* 317 : cortado should do typefinding on its input instead of relying on mime type from server
* 372 : service scripts can run into permission failures writing to the log file
* 374 : running flumotion from service scripts makes it impossible to generate core dumps
* 388 : manager could detect registry needing an update before sending bundles
* 413 : stopping a component doesn't cause downstream components to go hungry
You can find source releases of flumotion in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use an issue tracker for bug reports and feature requests:
You can browse the repository of SVN code from our tracker.
All code is in SVN and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on https://core.fluendo.com/svn/
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Michael Smith
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Zaheer Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel