[gst-devel] gstreamer: streaming : audio and video synchronization

Matthias Bläsing matthias.blaesing at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Apr 2 17:10:19 CEST 2007

Hallo Alejo d,

Am Montag, den 02.04.2007, 16:36 +0200 schrieb alejo d:
>  what a great answer, full of insight.

Sarcasm is a good way not to get help ...

> i have tried also and got lost with audio since it didnt work, my
> naive pipeline is this one for video:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 !
> "video/x-raw-yuv",width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc
> bitrate=80 ! oggmux name=mux ! shout2send ip=son0p.tv port=8000
> password=pppppp mount=son0p.ogg { mux. }
>

> if someone could add the audio pipeline part for alsacards (it didnt
> work for me) might that be a solution for Matthieu.

If I were you I would try this pipeline (please note the queues, that
should decouple the elements - use the queues luke!):

gst-launch-0.10 v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw-yuv",width=320,height=240 !
                ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc bitrate=80 ! queue ! mux.
                alsasrc device="maestro3" ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! queue ! mux.
                oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=test.ogm

I have no *cast running and won't install it, but replacing the filesink
with shout2send. You will also have to adjust the alsasrc line, but this
gives me a ogg container with muxed vorbis sound and theora video.

HTH

Matthias

--
Matthias Bläsing (GPG-Schlüsselkennung: A71B4BD5)
ICQ: 84617206   AIM: linuxfun81   MSN: linuxfun at hotmail.com
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren."
Benjamin Franklin