[gst-devel] gstreamer internal error??? "set_caps" function not called

Fabrice Triboix gstdbg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 12:00:00 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem in my pipeline. Essentially, I want
to play some Real audio using a "kind of" demuxer of
mine, with a "sometimes" source pad (template
caps=ANY).

I use gst-launch, which tries to setup a delayed link
between my demux and ffdec_cook (which is correct).
When the first packet arrives, it is time to setup the
link. So gstreamer tries to see if the caps of my
source pad and the caps of the ffdec_cook pad matches.

At this point I notice 2 strange behaviours:
 * apparently, gstreamer fetches my TEMPLATE caps
(ANY) and not my real caps which are correctly set
(audio/x-pn-realaudio)
 * the "set_caps" function of the sink pad of
ffdec_cook is not called

Here is the error message I got:

ERROR: from element /pipeline0/ffdec_cook0: Internal
GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  Please file a
bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdec.c(1983): gst_ffmpegdec_chain ():
/pipeline0/ffdec_cook0:
ffdec_cook: input format was not set before data start

I attached the interesting part of the logs.

I would really appreciate any help!

  Fabrice

http://mail.yahoo.com