[gst-devel] Small core library size

Neeraj Agrawal neeraj.agrawal at celunite.com
Wed Apr 25 12:26:09 CEST 2007

Hello,

Pls let me know if the data/figures mentioned at
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/features/ are old (may be very
old).....Please read :-
"Small core library of less than 150KB, about 10 K lines of code"

As after installing gstreamer core as shared library (disabling all
debug and other options from configuration file) we are getting
libgstreamer-0.10.so of about 600KB.....not to mention of other shared
libraries that got installed like libgstcoreelements.so,
libgstcoreindexers.so, libgstbase-0.10.so etc.

May be my understanding of "core library" is not correct. Can any one
clarify how to get 150KB size?

Rgds
Neeraj