[gst-devel] Is gstreamer what I need?

Ken Seehart ken at seehart.com
Thu Apr 26 00:14:42 CEST 2007

Yeah, I'm basically figuring that the bounty would be for someone who
already has done most of what I am looking for.

I don't need to use VideoCapture necessarily.  That just happens to be
what we currently have implemented, and it serves as an example of how I
can display video given a frame buffer.  The idea is that VideoCapture
might be replaced by something else that can write to a frame buffer, so
the developer doesn't need to worry about the user interface or video
display when implementing the items on my list.  I use VideoCapture
because it is a python library.

Why would webcams be difficult?  Sure they are platform dependent, but
they just put data in a frame buffer, so maybe 2 or 3 relevant functions
in the API should do it.

BTW, Are there binaries for python bindings for Windows?  I simply don't
have time to build it myself unless I know I am going to use it, and I
won't know that until I see it working on Windows in wxPython.