[gst-devel] windows? wxPython

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Apr 26 20:26:00 CEST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 07:04:06PM +0200, Christian F.K. Schaller wrote:

> I don't know if any wxPython application uses GStreamer, but there are a
> lot of pyGTK applications using it.

Boxtream (now at http://boxtream.unice.fr) makes heavy use of GStreamer
and its graphical frontend uses wxPython. The frontend controls and
headless backend through the network with XML-RPC calls.

Under GNU/Linux, the frontend also uses GStreamer in order to display
a remote pipeline into a local wxPython's wx.MiniFrame window (see
the screenshots) when one wants to control the inputs of a video
switcher remotely.

The frontend part was tested under MacOSX but the MiniFrame stuff
didn't work as expected because of incomplete (no?) support for
gobject under MacOSX, so some testing work has to be done on this.
The frontend will be tested under Windows only as time permits.

So I can actually confirm that displaying GStreamer video into
a wxPython window works perfectly fine under GNU/Linux, but
some work may be needed under Windows and MacOSX.

hth

Jerome Alet