[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Python Bindings 0.10.8 "This time I know our side will win"
bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:33:52 CEST 2007
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Python Bindings.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 398567 : undefined symbol: libxml_xmlDocPtrWrap
* 343980 : [solaris] import gst crash python
* 363795 : Impossible to reset a pad to " unnegotiated " from Python
* 380966 : Discoverer doesn't cope well with demuxers that don't cre...
* 381243 : No checks are made when converting from gst.Fraction to G...
* 385841 : Handle gchar** (GStrv) arguments
* 410838 : gst-python doesn't handle gst.Buffers in GValues (e.g. in...
* 418222 : New parameter to the discoverer to change the default max...
* 432521 : [gst-discover] show audio and video length in ms
* 433375 : [win32] autogenerated win32/common/config.h needed
* 436620 : get_uri_type methods should return enum objects
* 446674 : API break
* 450117 : [PATCH] gst.event_new_custom needs to copy structure as C...
* 451645 : gst.Buffer.stamp() is broked
* 454259 : Requestable Pad Segfaults When No Name Is Supplied
* 376996 : [PATCH] Fully implement GstPropertyProbe interface
* 415003 : build warnings against python 2.5 on x86_64
* 428299 : Allow python elements to implement pad queries
You can find source releases of gst-python in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Aidan Delaney
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Johan Dahlin
* Michael Smith
* Rene Stadler
* Sebastien Merle
* Stefan Kost
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
Multimedia editing developer
More information about the gstreamer-devel