[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.14 'Light Years Ahead'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Aug 3 16:56:15 CEST 2007
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.14 'Light Years Ahead'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-base.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-base
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.14 "Light Years Ahead"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Audio dither and noise-shaping when reducing bit-depth
* RTSP and SDP helper libraries added
* Experimental buffering element "queue2" now supports pull-mode
and file-based buffering.
* Support for more 32-bit video pixel layouts
* Various fixes and improvements
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 380625 : [x*imagesink] add 'handle-expose' property
* 385527 : oggmux sometimes gets DELTA flag on output wrong near start
* 402076 : videoscale 4-tap method broken for downscaling
* 437169 : [xvimagesink] add property to disable Xv double-buffering
* 441264 : queue2 support to do buffering on a file
* 442553 : [v4lsrc] doesn't output segments in GST_FORMAT_TIME
* 442557 : [videorate] doesn't handle latency queries
* 442944 : Audiotestsrc can overflow on seeks
* 444523 : [queue2] Pull mode support
* 444630 : Compilation error with fsseko (from gstqueue2.c) -- unabl...
* 445505 : [queue2] It does not work in pull mode with oggdemux
* 446551 : [queue2] Buffering is not working properly if it is set t...
* 446572 : [queue2] Division by zero
* 446972 : warning when compiling gstoggdemux.c
* 449156 : Regression in CVS for decodebin2
* 450875 : Missing files in po/POTFILES.in
* 451707 : [tag] UTF-8 in ID3v1 tag not correctly decoded
* 451908 : [ffmpegcolorspace] regression: doesn't accept GST_VIDEO_C...
* 454264 : Playbin fails to " play " image url after a movie url
* 456656 : [API] Addition of audio buffer clipping function to gstaudio
* 460978 : gst_audio_buffer_clip outputs warnings
* 152864 : [PATCH] GstAlsaMixer doesn't support signals
* 360246 : [audioconvert] Optionally apply dithering
* 394061 : Add support for Subviewer subtitles
* 420326 : Base payloader class has wrong property types and ranges
* 451145 : [vorbisdec] errors out on 0-sized packets
* 459204 : [PATCH] [playbin] gst_play_base_bin_get_streaminfo_value_...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* RTSP and SDP libraries added
* Add buffer clipping function gst_audio_buffer_clip for raw audio buffers. Fixes #456656.
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Bastien Nocera
* Dan Williams
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Jorn Baayen
* Michael Smith
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thiago Sousa Santos
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
More information about the gstreamer-devel