[gst-devel] filesink problem with some colorspaces

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 10:17:51 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 08:53 +0200, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> I was happy too early ... - now GRAY, RGB and RGBA works, but YUV (uyvy)
> does not work anymore ...  (it always worked before).
> If I specify the BIG_ENDIAN in RGBA and RGB, I always get this error
> when I try to process a yuv video (although I did not use RGBA before in
> this run of the program):
>
> ** (<unknown>:20759): WARNING **: Size 153600 is not a multiple of unit
> size 230400

This is probably not a problem with the caps, it means that your
GST_BUFFER_SIZE does not match the expected buffer size for this format
and width/height.  Usually this happens when you make different
assumptions about rowstride or plane offsets than GStreamer does
(rowstrides/padding/plane offsets are currently implicit in GStreamer).

For UYVY the size of the buffer should be

  GST_ROUND_UP_4 (width * 2) * height

and for RGB (bpp=24,depth=24) it should be

  GST_ROUND_UP_4 (width * 3) * height

if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about the gray format.

Cheers
 -Tim