[gst-devel] problems linking/compiling plugins on windows with vs8

michelle Wagner michelle.j.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:47:10 CEST 2007

Hi my name is Sally.  I'm a student in Hawaii and am proficient in C++.  I'm
trying to get gstreamer plugins to work with a project I'm working on in
Windows in my spare time, trying to create a windows app to play movies
using gstreamer.  I ran into some problems getting the plugins to compile
out of the box.

In the win32 folder of  gst-plugins-base-0.10.13, I am trying to build the
vs8 (aka visual studio 2005) plug-in projects.

I had to change some of the "Configuration Properties\C++\General\Additional
includes directories" And the "Configuration
Properties\Linker\General\Additional include directories" to point to the
projects gstreamer requires that I have downloaded, to get rid of most of
the build errors.

I am trying to get the libgstplaybin project to work first.
It requires several other projects to build… I'm stuck on getting the
libgstinterfaces project to build, which is one of the projects
libgstplaybin requires built.

I get the following six errors:

gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\colorbalance.c(83) : error
C2065: 'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_INT' : undeclared identifier
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\mixer.c(85) : error C2065:
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_BOOLEAN' : undeclared identifier
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\mixer.c(99) : error C2065:
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_POINTER' : undeclared identifier
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\mixer.c(106) : error C2065:
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_STRING' : undeclared identifier
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\tuner.c(100) : error C2065:
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_ULONG' : undeclared identifier
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13\gst-libs\gst\interfaces\tuner.c(107) : error C2065:
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_INT' : undeclared identifier

I get these same errors when building the vc6 projects converted to visual
studio 8 projects as
i do when compiling the visual studio 8 project
if i convert the vc6 projects too vc8 projects i also get this error:
'glib-genmarshal' is not recognized as an internal or external command
I get the same errors with gst-plugins-base-0.10.14 and
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13

Potentially usefully info:

One thing these six files have in common is that they all include "
interfaces-marshal.h".
This file is in the plugin base directory I downloaded, in
gst-libs\gst\interfaces.
interfaces-marshal.h only consists of one line:
#include "gst/gstconfig.h"

However in the gst-plugins-base-0.10.13.win32dev,
Another filed called "interfaces-marshal.h" includes forward declarations of
'gst_interfaces_marshal_VOID__OBJECT_INT' and the other five functions
needed.  Sadly this package does not incude any "interfaces-marshal.c", and
for some reason linking to the lib provided in this package does not fix the
the build errors in the libgstinterfaces project.Pre-compiled Plugins
"interfaces-marshal.h" is a file in the plugin package and is not in the
general gstreamer package.

Getting it to work with the pre-compiled plugins would also be a good
solution

I have tried the windows pre-compiled plugin dlls in the
gst-plugins-base-0.10.13.win32.zip package from:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/windows/releases/gst-plugins-base/
In this package there are only dlls.

I reference libgstplaybin.dll in Configuration
properties\linker\input\additional dependencies.

Linker Error I get:

gst-plugins-base-0.10.13.win32\lib\gstreamer-0.10\libgstplaybin.dll : fatal
error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x270

Things I've Tried:

Removing debug and release folders, cleaning solution, and rebuild does not
fix this problem.
Redownloading gst-plguins-base package has no effect either.

thanks
xoxo
Sally