[gst-devel] Pipeline seek problem

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Aug 28 22:35:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sun 26 Aug 2007 23:36, "Itay Kirshenbaum" <ikirsh at gmail.com> writes:

>     >     On Thu 23 Aug 2007 21:02, "Itay Kirshenbaum" <ikirsh at gmail.com> writes:
>     >
>     >     > filesrc -> queue -> avidemux -> queue -> rtpmp4pay -> udpsink

> After a NEWSEGMENT event, gst_segment_init() is called, resetting the
> value returned by gst_segment_to_running_time() to 0.
>
> Now, if the pipeline has been running for 5 seconds prior to the seek
> event, the difference between basesink->base_time and the internal
> time of the pipeline clock would be 5 seconds. Therefore,
> gst_clock_wait_id() would return GST_CLOCK_EARLY for any buffer
> earlier than 5 seconds into the NEW (post-seek) segment. And that
> caused 5 seconds worth of buffers to be processed as fast as possible.

But this effect doesn't happen when you seek in e.g. totem after five
seconds of playback. It could be a timestamping problem in rtpmp4pay, or
something strange about avidemux seeking in push mode. I don't know
enough about these elements to say. A basesink bug like this is very
unlikely. Perhaps someone else has an idea about what was the issue.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/