[gst-devel] problems with video

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Dec 11 19:25:46 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:58 +0000, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:23 +0000, Robert wrote:
>
> > I was hoping someone would answer this because I am seeking in video,
> > but sometimes, it causes a segfault and I was wondering if it was
> > because I'm doing something wrong in how I'm doing it.  I'm using
> > gst_element_seek too, but haven't tried playing around with different
> > parameters.
>
> It should never crash, so if that's something you can reproduce, please
> file a bug with a stack trace (and preferably make a sample file
> available somewhere so we can try to reproduce the problem).  If you
> can, also try CVS of things to see if it's been fixed already.

My guess is that it isn't a bug, as it doesn't happen all the time.
It's more likely something that I'm not doing quite right.  The annoying
thing is that it isn't very reproducable - it only happens sometimes,
and not on all of my PC's.  I have other "problems" in my app at the
minute in that I sometimes get a "bad drawable" x-window error - I guess
it's all related, but I haven't really had the time to track down the
problem yet.

Robert.