[gst-devel] legal question on wmv decoder in ffmpeg package

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:20:43 CET 2007

Hi,

  gst-ffmpeg is in a package of his own, it doesn't mean it's not ugly
(as in legally dubious) far from it.

  Can you use their implementation (and gst-ffmpeg) freely from a
authors point of view ? Yes, it's LGPL.

  Are you free from any legal threats that come with patent-encumbered
formats ? NO !

    Edward