[gst-devel] strange problem .. ne one having ne idea

karmendra jain karmendra.jain at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:28:42 CET 2007

Hi All
supose i have this pipeline

gst-launch mydemux  location = <my3gp file > demux.video_src ! video_dec !
xvimagesink demux.audio_src ! audio_dec ! alsasink

where mydemux acts as a source as well and has sometime pads (for audio and
video src)

now if the audio part of data is corrupt (or video ) then the other pipeline
whould play properly right ??
but in this case it simply hangs ..

i tried checkin using gdb ..
the problem is that while doing a pad push of proper pipeline .. even that
fails .. (GST_FLOW_ERROR)
but i have checked for sure that linking has been done properly for video
and for audio since the data is corrupt the linking has filed and i am not
starting the audio push ..

I know this is very vague .. but still can anyone point out ne mistake in
the idea in general ??

Or is there something in gstreamer where in we cannot play the complete
pipeline even if one component is improper ???
(but in that case .. how and where shld i give the error ?? and Y does the
pad push of proper pipeline fails ???)

Ne one ???