[gst-devel] problem while pushing data to multiple srcpads.

Vinayak vinayak.pane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:42:49 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 10:02 +0530, Vinayak wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am implementing the demuxer which will divide the input stream into
> > multiple.
> > I wrote a function for request_new_pad which creates a new srcpad
> > new_from_template, now this one is associated with my element by
> > "gst_element_add_pad". And after that I keep a pointers to alll such
> > newly created srcpads.
> >
> Normally a demuxer will create dynamic pads, based on the contents of
> the stream, instead of the app requesting pads.

demuxer is only creating dynamic pads but not based on the contents of the
stream, but they are requested  while linking the elements . Basically,
This demux-elements provides n number of elements a different
output-streams, which means there could be three elements connected to this
demuxer srcpads.

You also need to activate the pads (when requested in >=PAUSED) before
> adding them to the element so that they can be used for data passing.

Which exactly state of transitions makes the srcpads on element inactive ?
Do I have to make them active by "gst_pad_activate_push(pad, TRUE)" ?

> >    gst_pad_push (srcpads[i], outbuf);
> > }
>
> The return value of _push should tell you about the reason for the
> failure. You also need to pass this return value upstream (possibly
> combining the return values of all pads).

Yes, I using combined return. But this gst_pad_push never returns after
pushing, Infact the data is never pushed & never received on the peer end.
It just hangs.

Thanks,
Vinayak