[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-ffmpeg: gst-ffmpeg/ gst-ffmpeg/ext/ffmpeg/

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:10:08 CET 2007

Hi,

  The reason this warning is there is for one specific case:
   * When we get a ffmpeg codecid that we haven't identified in
gst-ffmpeg, whether that codec is wrapped or not !
   * Having unknown codecid is extremely bad, but since we are at the
register level we cannot emit a error/warning message on the bus
(there is no element, and therefore bus on which we can send this
message)
   * AFAIK, all codecid of the ffmpeg snapshot are identified. The
only case where you would see this is if you compile gst-ffmpeg with
an external ffmpeg which we DO NOT support.

  Thomas, if you are seeing this warning this means you are using a
non-supported gst-ffmpeg. Please revert that commit since it is needed
to identify non-identified codecids in the *official* gst-ffmpeg.

   Edward

On 2/9/07, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomasvs at kemper.freedesktop.org> wrote:
> CVS Root:       /cvs/gstreamer
> Module:         gst-ffmpeg
> Changes by:     thomasvs
> Date:           Fri Feb 09 2007  19:58:31 UTC
>
> Log message:
>         * ext/ffmpeg/gstffmpegdec.c: (gst_ffmpegdec_register):
>           My console is not your TODO list.
>           If it were your TODO list, you would have DONE it by now.
>
> Modified files:
>     .               : ChangeLog
>     ext/ffmpeg      : gstffmpegdec.c
>
> Links:
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gst-ffmpeg/ChangeLog.diff?r1=1.373&r2=1.374
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gst-ffmpeg/ext/ffmpeg/gstffmpegdec.c.diff?r1=1.169&r2=1.170

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/