[gst-devel] gst-bad equalizer element

Christophe Dehais christophe.dehais at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 00:18:17 CET 2007

Hi !

The equalizer element has been ported to 0.10 and is currently in gst-bad CVS

I'm making a plugin for rhythmbox that uses this element, however I
don't understand precisely what the properties mean:

- num-bands seems to specify the partition of the spectrum but what is
the min and max frequency ? And I guess that it's not regularly
divided, so what  scheme is used ?
- band-values holds values in [-1.0; 1.0]. Is this mappable to
something in decibels ?

I browsed rapidly through the code, and I thought I was not good
enough in signal theory to answer this whithout further research, so I
would appreciate any help from someone who knows (maybe the author of
the element ?)

thanks,

Christophe