[gst-devel] gst-bad equalizer element

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Feb 13 09:06:36 CET 2007

Hi,

another thought for the equalizer. Using the g_param_spec_value_array
for the band values is imho not so nice:
* one can't easily change single band values
* one can make the band values controllable

Two thoughts. First we can make it using GstChildProxy. That means it
would need to have a minimal GType for the bandvalue.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstChildProxy.html
Apps then can do:
gst_child_proxy_set(equalizer,"band1::value",1.0,"band2::value",0.5,NULL);
Advantages:
* bands could be GstObjects and thus have names (center frequency)!
* band-values are controlable

Additionally we could add two more elements Equalizer3, Equalizer10 to
the plugin. Those would have a fixed number of bands (yes, 3 and 10).
These elements  target players that want to have a simple interface.
The high end audio app, that needs a 32band eq, can use the ChildProxy
based version.

I am only afraid that we can't name the children or den properties
like '100Hz', '1KHz' as gobject names must begin with a alpha char :(

Stefan