[gst-devel] Creating a DV file from images.

Adam Gautier mada at gautier.org
Sat Feb 24 18:58:40 CET 2007

Greetings and Salutations,

I am trying to build a pipe that reads all of the *.jpg or *.xpm files
in a folder and outputs them as a dv file.  I know how to do this in
using mencoder but that does not help with my learning of gstreamer.

1.) Do I use the jpeg plugin to read a series of jpeg files? (directly
reading xpm files would be prefereable) If yes how? I tried:

> $ gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=.*jpg
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Resource not found.
> Additional debug info:
> gstfilesrc.c(975): gst_file_src_start (): /pipeline0/filesrc0:
> No such file ".*jpg"
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...
This above is obviously bery wrong...

I would like to have something like:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=./*.jpg |  xvimagesink

and then eventually get to a pipeline I can code in python that would
output the images as a dv video for editing using Kino.

All help is appreciated,

Adam