[gst-devel] compilation with MinGW: undefined reference to `_imp__*'

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Jan 2 14:42:45 CET 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Michal Benes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I think that the problem is in gst/gstinfo.h
>
> /**
> * GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_EXTERN:
> * @cat: the category
> *
> * Declares a GstDebugCategory variable as extern. Use in header files.
> * This macro expands to nothing if debugging is disabled.
> */
> #ifndef WIN32
> #define GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_EXTERN(cat) extern GstDebugCategory *cat
> #else
> #define GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_EXTERN(cat) \
>  extern _declspec (dllimport) GstDebugCategory *cat;
> #endif
>
> This ifdef will work with Microsoft compiler but not mingw.
>
> try
> #if !defined(WIN32) || defined(__MINGW32__)

It does not work. But I tried:

#ifndef _MSC_VER

in gstinfo.h and gst_private.h, and

#ifdef _MSC_VER

in gstconfig.h, which is, I think, the way to check if one uses MS
compiler or not. It does work !

If you use a Microsoft compiler, can you check if it works for you ?

> There are several people working on Windows port of GStreamer, but it
> seems that the effort is not much coordinated, at least there is no
> comprehensive HOWTO for newcomers. We still need somebody to do that ;-)

Hehe, indeed. Maybe I'll write something this week ;-) That will be only
for MSYS/MinGW.

Right now, the adapter_test.c file does not compile because it includes
sys/time.h. I've suppressed the compilation of the tests and the
compilation of gstreamer finished :-)

Vincent Torri